Sunday, March 19, 2023

Foolish Pride


I've always struggled with pride. Tbh, "struggled" isn't really the right word, because I've always viewed pride as a positive. I have pride in everything that is associated with ME (race, ability, intelligence, skills, appearance, etc, etc). A better way to state the first sentence would be: "Ive always had a lot of pride." But, the Bible is redundant about not being prideful. 

I've been going through some struggles of late. I've been reading about struggle and to a T it's viewed as a building block; something we should embrace and learn from. I feel like God is trying to teach me about my pride with this current struggle. If it weren't for my prideful nature, my current struggle would be more of a nuisance than a struggle. 

All Glory to God!

Proverbs 29:23 Pride ends in humiliation, while humility brings honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment