Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Revisiting My 2022 Bitcoin Prediction


https://affirmativeright.blogspot.com/2022/01/2022-predictions-omnibus.html


Bitcoin will fall below $25K in 2022: Bitcoin was on a roller coaster ride in 2021, ranging from $27K to $69K during the year. The "new car smell" of BTC has wore off and all of the armchair investors who thought they were going to make millions have lost money and moved on, leaving just the HODLers. That will drop the value of the "coin" down into the $25K range, but will also stabilize it to the point that there will be less volatility in 2022. I'd also like to throw 2 pennies on the ground: I don't see BTC ever becoming the systemically revolutionary decentralized currency that the true believers foresee, but I do see it having value as a form of digital gold.
 

That prediction was made back in December of 2021, when bitcoin was around $50K.

Halfway through the year it looks like I knew what I was talking about.

Of course there is still half the year to go, so we will see how it holds up at the end of December. 

If I could go back in time and rewrite that knowing what we know now, I don't think I would change anything. If I could I would probably add that there is the possibility that it really drops. Like, down below $10K. I'm not saying that's going to happen, but it wouldn't shock me, either.

It also appears that BTC is tracking the market as opposed to acting as a hedge like gold. If that's the case, it essentially eliminates the value as "digital gold."

Time will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment