We've all heard it said that, "time is the most valuable commodity there is."
But have you ever had a lot of time on your hands? It's weird how time is so valuable, but when faced with excess time our nature is to find some escape from that time.
I wonder if people really value time, or if they just fear death.
For the most part, I think philosophy is goofy, but if you were to cite the philosopher's take on time, they would associate it with "being," and conclude that time finds its meaning in death.
I've always found it interesting how the "big brain" philosophers hang their hat on making simple concepts complex. Of course the essence of time is understood by death.
The more interesting part is that time is the only commodity that matters to the human conscious, yet too much of it leads to boredom, then ultimately to nihilism.
What becomes of boredom? Why don't we bathe it, in an uninebriated state, incapable of escaping pure bliss?
Humans weren't created to think, we were created to survive. Once we evolve into a cognitive species, we will quickly think our way into extinction. We are witnessing this phenomenon.
There is an old parable that says the first man to develop the ability of reason went down to the river and killed himself. I assume he wanted to end his suffering before it began.
Is the glass half full, or half empty?
God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment