Sunday, August 14, 2022

Sunday Psalm


Psalm 75:1-10

We thank you, O God!

We give thanks because you are near.

People everywhere tell of your mighty miracles.

God says, "At the time I have planned,

I will bring justice against the wicked.

When the earth quakes and its people live in turmoil,

I am the one who keeps its foundations firm.

I warned the proud, 'Stop your boasting!'

I told the wicked, 'Don't raise your fists!

Don't lift your fists in defiance at the heavens

or speak with rebellious arrogance.'"

For no one on earth - from east or west, 

or even from the wilderness - 

can raise another person up.

It is God alone who judges;

he decides who will rise and who will fall.

For the LORD holds a cup in his hand;

it is full of foaming wine mixed with spices.

He pours the wine out in judgement,

and all the wicked must drink it,

draining it to the dregs.

But as for me, I will always proclaim what God has done;

I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.

For God says, "I will cut off the strength of the wicked,

but I will increase the power of the godly."


No comments:

Post a Comment